Look where OWIT-Toronto members have been featured this year:
- Check out this Tedx talk by Anita Agrawal, owner of Best Bargains Jewellery and Past President of OWIT-Toronto, and this news piece featuring her.
- OWIT-TO President Helen Hemmingsen represented OWIT at the joint Casa Foundation/OWIT Women Inspire 2021: Women in Business & Leadership Forum, and at the launch of the first virtual Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) for women both during International Women’s Day week.
- KC Goudiam of B2B Match spoke at events celebrating International Women’s Day, including Women Inspire 2021.
- Several OWIT-Toronto members, including Diane Reko, and Susan Baka are included in the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub’s See it. Be it. Database. It’s a resource featuring 1000+ profiles of successful women entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds, sectors, experiences and regions across Canada who have received awards for their accomplishments. Its tagline? Because women need to see successful women entrepreneurs so they can dare become one.
- Congratulations to Jessica Horwitz on becoming a partner at Bennett Jones. Jessica specializes in international trade, customs, and regulatory compliance. She represents Canadian and international clients in trade disputes and investigations, assisting clients with import/export issues including customs compliance, export controls and economic sanctions, and anti-corruption compliance and international investment matters. Jessica has been an invaluable member of OWIT-Toronto and we appreciate the ongoing support and sponsorship from Jessica and her colleagues at Bennett Jones as corporate members of OWIT-Toronto.