Congratulations to all who continue to thrive and stay positive !!
Here's a look back at 2020.
We hosted two live events in early 2020: a networking event at Le Marche in February and an event at the TBOT celebrating International Women’s Day, featuring Minister Mary Ng as our Keynote speaker.
We have all mastered our Zoom skills through a number of webinars in 2020, focusing on:
- opportunities for women entrepreneurs in CUSMA, CETA and Africa
- innovative digital technologies in international trade
- personal tips for health and wellness during Covid
- and the importance of recognizing culture in new export markets
Thank you to all the OWIT Toronto volunteers, partners, sponsors, judges and speakers at these events. There is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. A big thank you to our major sponsors: WEKH The Hub, Global Affairs Canada, EDC, UPS, the Bank of Montreal, and the law firm of Bennett Jones.
A major accomplishment was the Virtual Export Awards in November. We weren’t sure if we could do it, but pushed ahead, knowing that we would be awarding women entrepreneurs in a particularly challenging time. We were supported by our sister chapter, OWIT Ottawa, for this event. A big project in 2020 was the launch of our new website. We now have a searchable members directory. An added bonus is that members now have access to exclusive members-only business opportunities posted on our website.
Upcoming events for 2021:
- A webinar and future B2B event with a business women’s group from India, August 2021.
- A virtual trade mission for Canadian women entrepreneurs and exporters to Mexico, June 2021.
- OWIT-Toronto booth at SheTradesGlobal at DubaiExpo, October 2021.
Thank you to the Board of Directors for a fantastic 2020.
I look forward to meeting everyone in person in 2021.
Helen Hemmingsen, President